Director/Owner of Little Ninjas Ltd
Ko Te Wairoa Hopupu Honengenenge Matangirau te awa
Ko Whakapunake te maunga
Ko Whaakirangi te marae
Ko Ngāti Kahungunu me Ngāti Pahauwera ngā iwi
Ko Takitimu te waka
Kia ora my name is Anita Johansen.
I currently reside in Napier, NZ with my husband Pete and my proudest achievements - my daughters Tiaamana (18), Maarie (14) & Aaria (9).
When I am not working I love hanging out with my whānau. We try and keep as active as we can and love exploring the outdoors. I also really enjoy gardening.
I hold a BA Arts (Psychology), Masters of Educational Psychology (Honours), Post Graduate Diploma Educational Psychology and a Post Graduate Certificate in Health Science (Dual Diagnosis - Mental Health & Addictions).
I am currently working in private practice.
- 1:1 therapeutic work
- Family/whānau therapeutic work
- Comprehensive assessments
- Approved PHO Therapist through Health Care Hawkes Bay.
- Educational assessments for children and youth who are in the Youth Justice system.
- Professional Development
- Parent evening
- Online group work
Work History & Experience
I have worked in a number of settings with children, Youth and their whānau in the past such as;
- Based in a High School setting working with children who were at risk of disengaging.
- A tutor in Alternative Education Programme
- Ministry of Education (Severe Behaviour Team) for a number of years.
- Based in a HB Primary School setting in a consultative role providing systems advice as well as behaviour advice and support across four Primary Schools.
- Various mental health & addiction settings with children, youth & their families including a residential facility for youth and Kaupapa Māori services
- Private contract work for the Ministry of Education in Hawkes Bay and the Bay of Plenty.
- Registered Psychologist at the Child Development Service, HBDHB.
I have three published pieces of work in the areas of Māori, children, youth and behaviour - Publications - Media releases